Monday, September 14, 2009

Karen Walker S/S 2010 'The Village'

2-3 9-1
12 18
19 31
36
Photo Credit: style.com

I love so may things about The Village, and it's been a while since I've been truly in love with one of Karen Walker's collections. These are my favourite looks. I love the navy blues, the sailor stripes, the clashing prints, the ruffles and I love that it is very distinctly Karen Walker.

In an interview with Sassybella last week, Walker said inspiration for The Village came from "re-watching ‘The Prisoner’ (a British television series set in a mysterious seaside village, airing from 1967 – 1968) and [I] have always loved the it look it had – a 60’s Edwardian seaside. I also loved its idea – a Seaside holiday resort that is actually a prison for retired spies."

The model in the first picture is gorgeous, who is she? She reminds me a little bit of Stella McCartney. When I have white hair and I spend my weekends gardening and going to book club, I want my whole wardrobe to revolve around the outfit in the second picture. I'm loving cropped pants at the moment, I'm just looking for the perfect pair. Perhaps Karen Walker is the answer?

No comments: