Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I Want you to be Crazy cause you're Boring Baby when you're Straight

Last Wednesday the Kills played at the San Francisco Bathhouse in Wellington. A lot of my friends went and told me of how good it was later. It hurt my heart knowing I was unable to party to this fantastic band with some of my favourite friends. In the lead up to the gig, I heard from numerous people that Kate Moss was rumoured to be coming to Wellington for the gig. I laughed it off, saying it was impossible because of the opening of the New York Topshop store, but secretly I hoped it wouldn't happen otherwise it could have been my first strike against Melbourne! I will be going to see them this Friday in Melbourne, but it would have been cooler to see them in Wellington, with my closest friends and at a relatively intimate venue like SFBH. I could almost imagine I was there, thanks to some photos that were up on Neon Sleep.

DSC_0283
This photo reminds me of one time a few years ago when I was being lead through the back corridors of Auckland's St. James, only to come across Nick Zinner smoking in his dressing room. The law had just gone through a few months previous, but he didn't care. Nick Zinner and Alison Mosshart: Quintessential rockstars.

DSC_0211
I have been searching for that perfect leopard print coat for years now. Turns out VV had it the whole time. Yeah, she's a minx.

DSC_0375
I know they're not actually kissing but still, Kate who? I hear there is some intense on-stage chemistry that goes on between these two. Meow! I can't wait to hear No Wow, Cheap and Cheerful and Black Balloon live.

1 comment:

His Whoreness said...

They. Were. Amazing.

There's more I'd like to say but you must see them first before we discuss further