Thursday, August 13, 2009

Sweet Disposition


"Stay there /// Cause I'll be coming over"

I had been hearing this song on Triple J for a while now but rather infuriatingly, each time it was played the DJs never back announced what the song was. The other day, thanks to the new AFL ads on TV at the moment (yeah, go figure), I found that this song is Sweet Disposition by a Melbourne band called the Temper Trap. Try listening to it by yourself at night time, with the lights turned off. There's something about the building tension in this song that sends shivers down my spine. I love it. I'm sure everybody knows the giddy feeling of starting a new relationship, with a person you're absolutely head-over-heels for. I've listened to this song about 20 times in the last 24 hours and I'm not sick of it yet. Their album Collisions is definitely at the top of my list of albums to buy. The band moved to London a few months ago, but I have a sneaking suspicion they played in Geelong before they left. Just my luck. 

No comments: