Friday, July 24, 2009

Chloe Sevigny for Opening ceremony F/W 09

67247

"Girls who are boys, who like boys to be girls..."
I always envy the girls who can pull off the androgynous look. It's all about the nonchalance. Whereas they are oversized shirts, skinny jeans and do-not-mess-with-me, I'm florals, accentuated waists and a red lipstick'd smile. Chloe Sevigny's second collaboration with NYC boutique Opening Ceremony is an androgynous collection I can definitely see myself wearing. 

chloe-sevigny08

Listing skinheads, Connecticut and her interest in alternative British youth as inspiration for the Fall/Winter range, Sevigny says that designing is a nice release after working on film and television, telling Dazed Digital "I don’t wanna say it’s a vanity project but it kind of is y’know! It’s just something for me to do that’s creative and fun. I get to make pieces I always wanted to wear." 

The range is designed as a menswear collection which can also be worn by women, with key pieces including a leopard print cardigan, slim moleskin trousers, a soft pink flannel shirt and oversized jackets.

As with the first collection, the shoes have been creating a feeding frenzy as women around the world scramble to get their hands on a pair on the much-coveted buckle wedges. The platform wedges (as worn by Sevigny and Lissy Trullie in the top picture), which come in black leather or suede, sold out in the May pre-sale. I absolutely would have bought a pair if they had been, you know, roughly USD$500 less than their retail price of USD$625. For now I will just admire from afar. Or wait until Topshop has the knockoffs.

Here are some behind the scenes photos of Chloe Sevigny modelling the latest collection, which were taken in Chelsea last week.

chloe2(1) chloe4(1)
chloe3(1) chloe5(1)
Photo Credit: Opening Ceremony

No comments: