Thursday, April 28, 2011

Tuesday Drive Playlist April 12, 19 & 26

I've done the show on Active six times now, and I'm starting to feel more comfortable. I'm no longer pressing the wrong button, or playing the wrong song and I feel much more confident there. Just this week I got a number of phone calls from listeners wanting to engage in discussions about something I had said on-air, which is great. Just as I am getting used to Radio Active, Radio Active's listeners are getting used to me.

Sometimes I'm not really sure what to say on-air and I end up tripping over my words. I've long since realised that I am not one of those 'personality' radio broadcasters. I hate talking about myself on-air and it feels really unnatural to me. I mean, who cares?? So I talk about the music instead. I hope that is what listeners want to hear and I think the knowledge of the music I play is my strongest asset.

It's been a little while since I've posted a playlist from my Tuesday Drive show on Radio Active, so here are the one's I've missed.

April 12
beastie-boys
The Beastie Boys

Beastie Boys
- Make Some Noise
Parallel Dance Ensemble - Shopping Cart
Tennis - Take Me Somewhere
Cat's Eyes - Face in the Crowd
TV on the Radio - Caffeinated Consciousness
Gang Gang Dance - Mindkiller
Peter, Bjorn and John - Second Chance
Little Bark - I Need a Shot
Better Airs - She's the Juan
Cut Copy - Need You Now
Holy Ghost! - Wait and See (Flight Facilities remix)
Robyn - Dancing on my Own
Diana Rozz - Walk on By
WhoMadeWho - Every Minute Alone
Architecture in Helsinki - Contact High
Junica - Living in My House (ft. Ladyhawke)
DZ Deathrays - Rad Solar
Twin Shadow - At my Heels
Group Love - Colours
Love Inks - Black Eye
Wild Beasts - Albatross
Low - Try to Sleep
Forest Spirits - Song and Dance
LCD Soundsystem - Home
Voltage - All Night
Jetsam Isles - Nonvision
Thieves Like Us - One Night With You (Nite Jewel remix)
Wagonchrist - Tomorrow
Trentemoller - Shades of Marble
Scratch 22 - Medicine Man
The Weeknd - House of Balloons / Glass Table Girls
Pikachunes - New Fiend
YACHT - Waste of Time (remix)
Noah and the Whale - L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N (Fake Blood remix)
Gil Scott-Heron and Jamie XX - I'll Take Care of You
Ghost Wave - Sunsetter
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
April 19
my_disco_large_1239886381_crop_550x366
MY DISCO
Purity Ring - Ungirthed
Blackbird Blackbird - Pure
Watercolours - Under
Summer Camp - Ghost Train
James Blake - Lindesfarne II
Unknown Mortal Orchestra - How Can U Luv Me
Surf Friends - Goals
Hungry Kids of Hungary - Keep Talking
Death From Above 1979 - Blood on our Hands (Justice remix)
Delorean - Deli
Mount Pleasant - II Tough II Dance
Gorillaz - Revolving Doors
Cut Copy - That Was Just a Dream
MY DISCO - Turn
Secret Knives - The Transformer
The Radio Dept. - Heaven's on Fire
Deer Park - Clocks
Jonathan Johansson - Blommorna (Niva remix)
Polarsets - Sunshine Eyes
The Go! Team - Back Like 8 Track
WIM - See You Hurry
Digitalism - 2 Hearts
Ratatat - Loud Pipes
Disco Ruido - Amorfos
Benoit & Sergio - Boy Trouble
Arctic Monkeys - Don't Sit Down 'Cause I've Moved Your Chair
Santigold - Go (ft. Karen O)
Ghostpoet - Cash and Carry me Home
Gift of Gab - Dreamin' (ft. Funky Homosapien & Brother Ali)
Baths - Animals
Lykke Li - Sadness is a Blessing (Gold Panda remix)
Tiki Taane & Moana and the Moa Hunters - A Beautiful Mistake (Pae O Riri remix)
Peaches - Turn it On (Franz Ferdinand cover)
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Gold Lion (Nick Zinner remix)
David Kilgour & the Heavy Eights - Diamond Mine
Hussies - Degraves (Children of the Sea)
Ghost Wave - Rollin
Sleigh Bells - Run the Heart
Gil Scott-Heron & Jamie XX - NY is Killing Me
Kavsrave vs. Joy Orbison - Untightled
The Presets - Girl and the Sea
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
April 26
tyler-the-creator-yonkers1
Tyler the Creator

Gold Panda - You (II)
Voom - B Your Boi
YACHT - Dystopia
Purity Ring - Lofticries
Fever Ray - The Wolf
Blackbird Blackbird - Overboard
David Kilgour & the Heavy Eights - Way Down Here
Tyler the Creator - Yonkers
El Guincho - Bombay
Hercules & Love Affair - Painted Eyes
Beastie Boys - Make Some Noise
Lykke Li - Sadness is a Blessing (Gold Panda remix)
Just a Number 05272011 - Pain
PNAU - Baby (Breakbot remix)
Sons & Daughters - Silver Spell
Seapony - Bluestar
Family Cactus - Fields and Fields
The Rolling Stones - You Can't Always Get What You Want
Depressed Buttons - Ow!
Sebastien Grainger - Are There Ways to Go Home
Disasteradio - Cat
The Eversons - Hyacinth Girl
Idiot Prayer - One Hundred Ducks
Tom Vek - A Chore
Brian Eno - Glitch
Kurt Vile - Runners Up
Yeasayer - Phoenix Wind
MY DISCO - A Turreted Berg
Rainbow Arabia - Sequenced
Austra - Lose It
Washed Out - Get Up
Orchestra of Spheres - Hypershere (Caribou remix)
Glass Vaults - Don't be Shy (Live at Happy September 2010)
Lali Puna - I Like Rain
Watercolours - Under
Unknown Mortal Orchestra - Thought Ballune
Cut Copy - Pharaohs and Pyramids
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tuesday Drive 4-7pm, Radio Active 88.6fm

No comments: