Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I Just Want One Night With You

mayer-hawthorne

I have a friend who is absolutely in love with Mayer Hawthorne. It's not typically my style (where the dance beat at?), but after Sofie at Sssssound! posted the the superb Classixx remix of his song Green Eyed Love, I knew I had to give him another chance.

Hawthorne's debut album A Strange Arrangement was released earlier in the year and is definitely worth checking out, but my other favourite song of his is not on the album - it's No Strings Attached, which is produced by Classixx (see the trend here? Classixx = brilliant).

You know, people always said Barry White is the ultimate swoon-inducing singer but I never really understood. Now that I've heard Mayer Hawthorne, I totally get it. Hawthorne is aaall about the swoon. Just listen to those lyrics! That voice!
"I know you're trying to be good girl, be you imagine what I'm like in bed...
You try to push it aside girl, but it already went through your head
It's one o'clock in the morning, and you're buzzing like a honey bee
You're trying to control it, when you wanna just come home with me"
Specsy.

He's playing at SploreCity in Auckland next year, which unfortunately is the same weekend as Campus A Low Hum, so I won't be going.

But you should!

(please don't mention anything about me being a bad blogger, believe me, I know. Sssshhh... )

No comments: