Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Fear

Heck, I love Lily Allen. Sure Alright, Still was a bit hit and miss, but what I really love about her is the cute dresses she always wears (Let's just forget that disaster of an outfit she wore to the Glamour Woman of the Year awards shall we? I don't care if it's Giles).

The video for her new single 'The Fear' has been making the rounds for a couple of months now, but here it is again if you haven't seen it yet:




I love the colours, the synchronised dancing waiters, the fairy tale/fantasy element to it (is anyone else reminded of a Tim Walker photo shoot?), but I especially love love LOVE that dress she is wearing. It's no secret that I have a fondness for bows. After a little bit of google searching, I've found the dress. It is by London designers PPQ from their SS 09 collection. I've never come across them before, but after doing a bit of research (i.e. more google searching) I can confidently say that I love them. They've even dressed The Horrors! Here are some of my favourite looks from the SS 09 collection:






As for the song; I'm really liking it. It's missing the brass of earlier Lily Allen, but it's pop at its best. Mark Ronson can do no wrong, apparently. (EDIT: Mark Ronson didn't produce it, Greg Kurstin did. Here's an article) I'm looking forward to hearing the full album, due out next week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mark didn't do it! It's produced by Greg Kurstin from The Bird & The Bee.

If it was Ronson, we'd hear more horns...

Ellen said...

Isn't it?? Woops! I was so sure I'd read that it was.

I didn't think it sounded like typical Ronson but I just Thought he wanted to try something new.

Sheena said...

Holy crap I was just on your blog too! Ah that video is awesome. It's the first time I've seen it, I posted the other version by Pavla Kopecna on my blog which is super pretty too.

Cool label too!